Have you ever wondered how to cook chicken wings in a crockpot? It’s so easy and saves you a ton of time for entertaining! Just dump in the slow cooker and before you serve just make the dipping sauce. Easy peasy!
Slow Cooker Chicken Wings Recipe
These teriyaki chicken wings have a wonderful flavor of garlic and ginger!
Top the chicken wings with sesame seeds which makes them look stunning! I make these for game day when football is on and the family gobbles them up. They are great for a party appetizer.
- What will I need to complete this recipe?
- Chicken wings – if wings are frozen, they will need an additional hour of cooking time.
- Onion – any will do. I prefer to use a yellow onion.
- Low Sodium Soy Sauce – it is important to use low sodium or the sauce gets very salty.
- Brown sugar
- Rice Wine Vinegar – this gives it a great flavor, but can be substituted with any vinegar.
- Ground ginger – you can use whole ginger and grate or finely chop – 2 teaspoons.
- Cornstarch – this will thicken the sauce and the sauce can be used as a dipping sauce, but isn’t necessary.
- Water – to be used with the cornstarch
- You will need the following supplies:
- Cookie sheet (if crisping)
- Tin foil (to line cookie sheet)
- What if I like crispy wings?
If you want a crispy wing, when they are done cooking, place them on a tinfoil lined cookie sheet. Set the broiler for 400° and place on the highest rack possible for 5 minutes. Turn and broil the other side for 5 minutes. This will make the skins crispy.
- How should I store the wings?
Place in an airtight container or a ziplock bag. Keep in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Make sure to check out all our other easy crockpot meals!
Slow Cooker Teriyaki Chicken Wings Recipe
- 3 pounds chicken wings tips removed, flats and drumettes separated
- ¾ cup onion diced
- 1 cup Low Sodium Soy sauce
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- ¼ cup Rice Wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 Tablespoons Cornstarch optional
- ¼ cup water only needed if using the cornstarch
- White sesame seeds for garnish
- Parsley for garnish
- Place the wings in the crockpot and turn on high, setting the time for 2 to 3 hours or low for 4 to 5 hours.
- In a medium bowl, mix the onion, soy sauce, brown sugar, vinegar, ginger, and garlic together. Pour over the wings and mix to coat.
- Place the lid on the cooker and leave to cook.
- **Thirty minutes before serving, remove the sauce and place in a saucepan, mix the water and cornstarch together and whisk into the teriyaki sauce. Cook for a minute or two until thickened. Pour over the wings and mix to coat.
- Remove wings and sprinkle with parsley and sesame seeds. Serve with your favorite vegetables.