How to Make the Best Breakfast Enchiladas
Enchiladas are a family favorite in my house so we make them for dinner AND breakfast! The kids go nuts for these. The fun part is that you can use any meat for the filling like bacon, ham, etc.
It does take 10 minutes of prep work but it is SO worth it!
Just fill the tortillas, roll them up, then bake in the oven! Easy peasy.
If you’re looking to switch up breakfast, try these!
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 1 cup of chopped deli ham
- 6 eggs
- ½ cup of milk
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of onion powder
- 1 teaspoon of ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- 1 2.75-oz packet of instant country style gravy mix
- 6-8 fajita size flour tortillas
- 1 ½ cup of colby jack cheese freshly shredded
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit and set aside a 9×13 casserole dish.
- Heat the butter in a medium pan over medium heat.
- Add the ham and stir every so often as it cooks for 3-4 minutes.
- Whisk the eggs in a medium bowl then add the milk, garlic powder, onion powder, pepper and salt and whisk until well incorporated.
- Pour the eggs into the pan and stir and cook for 5-6 minutes or until completely cooked through.
- Remove the pan from the heat and set aside.
- Cook the gravy in a small pan according to the instructions on the package and pour ⅓ of the gravy mix into the bottom of the casserole dish and spread it out.
- Heat the tortillas for 30 seconds in the microwave then add 4-5 tablespoons of the cooked eggs to the center of a tortilla.
- Add a small handful of cheese on top and roll the tortilla up then place it in the bottom of the pan in the gravy.
- Continue doing this until all of the eggs have been used.
- Pour the remaining gravy on top of the enchiladas and sprinkle the remaining cheese on top.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the cheese is fully melted and starts to bubble up around the edges.
- Serve with sour cream, diced avocado, diced tomatoes, lime wedges and freshly chopped chives if desired.