How to Make Mini Apple Pies with Pie Crust
Make darling little apple pies using already made pie crust dough from the grocery store! It can’t get much simpler than these. Perfect for a party or little hands as a fall treat!
Mini Apple Pies
- 1 Package refrigerated pie crust dough 2 crusts
- 1 21- Ounce can apple pie filling
- 1 Egg
- 1 TBSP Sugar
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Allow the pie crust to come to room temperature and unroll each crust. Use a 4 inch round cookie cutter to cut out 9 circles from the dough.
- Carefully press each circle into the muffin cups, making sure the edges overhang the top of the cup slightly.
- Spoon the apple pie filling into each cup.
- Gather up the remaining dough scraps and roll the dough out until it’s around ⅛th inch thin.
- Use a pizza cutter to cut the dough into ¼ inch strips. Use a 3 inch round cookie cutter to cut the strips into circles.
- Remove every other strip from the circle and place those strips on top of the mini pie horizontally.
- Weave the remaining strips from the circle vertically through the horizontal strips.
- Beat the egg until its smooth, then brush the egg mixture over the top of each pie. Sprinkle the sugar on top.
- Bake the pies in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes, until the crust is golden brown.
- Allow to cool to room temperature before serving.