Thanksgiving and Christmas are the best times to make Hawaiian sweet roll sliders! You can use your leftover ham to make delicious ham and cranberry sandwiches. Buy a couple packages of the sweet rolls and you have a ton of appetizers too!
The best part is how easy they are to make by just cutting the sweet rolls in half, not even separating them!
Just fill the rolls with meats and cheese then top with delicious butter and poppy seeds.
We always make these on holidays when we eat our big main meal at lunch time then dinner rolls around and my guests are hungry again! They can also be great for party appetizers to just pull them out of the oven and stack them on a platter.
The colors and flavors will impress your guests, they look so fancy! The sweetness of the cranberry sauce and the saltiness of the ham go so well together.
Ham and Cranberry Sliders
- 1 package 12 rolls Hawaiian Sweet Rolls
- ⅓ cup cranberry sauce homemade or canned
- 12 large slices Leftover ham, enough for 2 layers of ham, you may need more if your slices are smaller
- 12 slices Swiss cheese
- 6 slices Mozzarella
- 3 Tablespoons butter melted
- 1 Tablespoon poppy seeds
- Preheat oven to 375°. Spray a “9-inch x 13-inch” pan with non stick spray.
- Slice the rolls in half and remove the top half. Spread cranberry sauce over the rolls.
- Lay the ham over the cranberry sauce in 2 layers.
- Place Swiss cheese over the ham, making 2 layers.
- Lay one layer of mozzarella over the Swiss cheese.
- Place the top of the rolls back on top.
- Spread the butter over the top of the rolls and sprinkle with the poppy seeds.
- Place in the oven and bake for 20 minutes until cheese is melted.
- Remove and serve immediately.
- Can be refrigerated for 5 days and eaten cold or reheated.