Fall is here and that means it’s chili time! Grab your instant pot and ingredients and let it do the work!
You can cook all the ingredients in the one instant pot! No extra dishes.
Add sour cream and cheese to top it off! So good!
Instant Pot Chili
- 1 tbsp olive oil or vegetable oil
- 1 medium yellow onion chopped (approximately 1 cup)
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 15 ounce can red kidney beans drained
- ½ cup chicken or beef broth or water
- 28 oz can of crushed tomatoes
- cayenne pepper optional to taste
- Set the Instant Pot to sauté mode.
- Add the oil, and onions and cook for approx. 3 minutes.
- Add the ground beef, chili powder, cumin and salt and brown for approx. 10 minutes until beef is cooked well and onions are soft.
- Turn off the Instant Pot.
- Add in the tomatoes, beans and broth (or water).
- Place the top on the Instant Pot and turn the pressure value to seal.
- Select Manual High Pressure and set the timer for 5 minutes.
- When timer goes off, let the pressure release naturally (approx. 10 minutes)
- Serve topped with cheese and /or sour cream.
Try These Reader Favorite Instant Pot Recipes
Quite a few of our Instant Pot Recipes have been very popular across social media. Here's a few of our readers favorite instant pot recipes that we hope you'll also try!
Try These Reader Favorite Dinner Recipes
Quite a few of our Dinner Recipes have been very popular across social media. Here's a few of our readers favorite dinner recipes that we hope you'll also try!