This post may contain affiliate links, read our Disclosure Policy for more information. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases, thank you!
How to Make Chicken Parm in the Air Fryer
There’s nothing better than comfort food like chicken parmesan on top of a big bowl of spaghetti noodles! Make cooking faster by using your air fryer!
Just season and bread your chicken breasts then throw in the air fryer to do all the work!
The chicken turns out perfectly being juicy in the middle with a crunchy outside. Your family will love it!
Air Fryer Chicken Parmesan
- 2 large boneless chicken breasts.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- ½ cup parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoons black pepper powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon red chili flakes
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- Chopped parsley for garnish.
- Butterfly chicken by cutting in half horizontally, to create 2 thin slices.
- Season the chicken on both sides with salt and pepper.
- In a shallow bowl, whisk together all-purpose flour, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1 teaspoon black pepper. Beat the eggs in the second bowl. Next, take the third blow and combine panko bread crumbs, oregano, red chili flakes, parmesan, and, garlic powder.
- Take one piece of the chicken at a time and first coat it in flour, then dip it in eggs and finally coat it properly in the panko-parmesan mixture assuring that all sides are covered and coated well.
- Preheat the air fryer for 5 minutes at 350- degrees F / 180-degree C. Brush the basket with little oil and place 2 chicken pieces in it. Brush some oil on the top. Cook for 7 minutes on each side. Top the chicken with 2 tablespoons of marinara sauce and 2 tablespoons of shredded mozzarella and cook for another 3 minutes or until the cheese is melted and turns golden brown. Repeat with the remaining chicken.
- Garnish with chopped parsley and serve hot with your favorite pasta.
NOTE: You can store the chicken parmesan in an airtight container for 3 days in the refrigerator or around 3 months in the freezer.
Leave a Reply