Make this fun rainbow sherbet cheesecake for a dessert! It’s so colorful and fun to make for the kids! It brings me back to childhood.
Rainbow Sherbet Cheesecake
FOR THE CRUST:
- 2 sleeves of graham crackers – crushed into fine crumbs
- 1 heaping Tablespoon of sugar
- 1 stick of butter – melted
FOR THE FILLING:
- 4 – 8 ounce packages of cream cheese – softened
- 1 cup of heavy cream – to whip
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 Tablespoon of JELLO – Lime
- 1 Tablespoon of JELLO – Cherry
- 1 Tablespoon of JELLO – Orange
- Lime – JELLO
- Cherry – JELLO
- Orange – JELLO
COOKS TOOLS NEEDED:
- 7 inch spring-form pan
- Parchment paper
- 3 large Ramekins
- Stand mixer
- Open the graham crackers and break the crackers up into smaller pieces, and place in the blender. Blend the graham crackers into crumbs, and place crumbs in a dish. Add the heaping Tablespoon of sugar to the crumbs, and stir. Melt the butter in the microwave, and pour into crumbs. Mix well, blending butter into crumbs, until crumbs are coated in butter. Line the bottom of the Spring-form pan with Parchment paper, and press the crumb mixture evenly into the pan. Place pan in the freezer.
- In the mixing bowl of a stand mixer, add the heavy cream, and 1 Tablespoon of sugar, and mix on medium speed until the cream starts to thicken. Turn the mixer on high, and whip until stiff peaks form. Put the whipped cream in a bowl, and place the bowl in the refrigerator. Place the softened cream cheese in the mixing bowl, and mix on medium speed until smooth. Add the sugar, and continue to mix, scraping down the sides of the bowl, and blending until well mixed. Remove the whipped cream from the refrigerator, and add all the whipped cream to the cream cheese. Blend until completely mixed, and smooth. Scrape down the sides of the mixing bowl, and blend again. Place the mixing bowl in the refrigerator.
- Boil 1 cup of water, and while the water boils, place 1 Tablespoon each, of the Lime, Cherry, and Orange JELLO in separate large Ramekins. When the water boils, pour 1/3 of the water into each of the Ramekins, and stir the JELLO until dissolved. (Use separate spoons to stir the JELLO, so the colors and flavors are not blended together). Allow the JELLO to cool to room temperature. When the JELLO is cool, but not yet congealed, remove the cheesecake filling from the refrigerator, and divide it into three separate bowls. In one bowl, pour the Lime JELLO into the cheesecake filling, and stir well to blend. Add more of the powdered JELLO to the cheesecake filling to make the green/Lime color desired. Continue to stir the filling until the JELLO is dissolved into the filling. Continue the same steps with the Cherry and Orange JELLO – pouring the liquid JELLO into the filling and adding more powdered JELLO to make the color as needed, for the layers.
- When desired colors have been mixed, remove the Spring-form pan from the freezer, and starting with the green/Lime layer, pour the Lime filling in the Spring-form pan, on top of the graham cracker crust, and place the pan back in the freezer, for about 45 minutes, or until the filling is completely set. Place the cherry filling and Orange filling in the refrigerator. When the Green/Lime layer is set, remove the Spring-form pan from the freezer, and add the Cherry filling, to the pan, and place the pan back in the freezer, until the Pink/Cherry layer is set. When the Pink/Cherry layer is set, remove the pan from the freezer, and add the top, Orange layer to the pan. Place the pan back in the freezer, and leave in the freezer for at least four hours, or overnight for best results.
- When you’re ready to serve the cheesecake, remove the pan from the freezer, and remove the Spring-form from the outside of the pan. Remove the bottom layer of the pan, and peel the Parchment paper from the bottom of the cheesecake, and place the cheesecake on a large dessert plate. Cut in 2 – 3 inch pieces. Serve, and Enjoy!
Try These Reader Favorite Dessert Recipes
Quite a few of our Dessert Recipes have been very popular across social media. Here's a few of our readers favorite dessert recipes that we hope you'll also try!
- Hershey Pie
- Homemade Buckeyes
- Cinnamon Pretzels
- Bakery Style Brownie Recipe
- Smores Dip
- Vanilla Bean Cheesecake
- Chocolate Cake Mix Cookies
- Death by Chocolate Cheesecake
- Minion Cupcakes
- Unicorn Cupcakes
- Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes
- Oreo Brownies
- Pineapple Upside Down Bundt Cake
- Snicker Salad
- Coca Cola Cake