Sausage Casserole in the Slow Cooker
Whenever we have guests over, I always make my famous crockpot breakfast casserole for them! I’ve never had someone NOT like it for breakfast! It’s pretty easy and is great for brunch.
The fun part about breakfast casserole is you can add any ingredients your heart desires, it doesn’t have to be sausage! Think of ham, etc.
The hash browns just make this casserole delicious! Make sure to check out all our other easy crockpot meals!
Crockpot Sausage Breakfast Casserole
- 1 lb Breakfast Sausage
- 1 Onion diced
- 2 garlic cloves minced or 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- ¼ Teaspoon red pepper flakes optional
- 1 30 ounce package Frozen hash browns
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 1 ½ Cup Milk
- 12 eggs
- 1 Cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Optional: If desired you can add in spinach bell peppers, or mushrooms if desired!
- In a skillet cook and crumble sausage on medium heat. Cook until no longer pink, about 8-10 minutes. Set aside.
- In a large bowl combine eggs, milk, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, and garlic. Whisk it all together. If desired, add in your cheese or any other vegetables here.
- In your slow cooker grease it thoroughly. Place the frozen hash browns, onions, and sausage inside the slow cooker. Mix this together.
- Pour egg mixture on top of hash brown mixture and stir to fully combine. Cook on low for 5-6 hours or high for 3-4 hours.
- Serve with hot sauce, biscuits, toast, more cheese, or fresh green onions!
Try These Reader Favorite Breakfast Recipes
Quite a few of our Breakfast Recipes have been very popular across social media. Here's a few of our readers favorite breakfast recipes that we hope you'll also try!
Try These Reader Favorite Slow Cooker Recipes
Quite a few of our Slow Cooker Recipes have been very popular across social media. Here's a few of our readers favorite slow cooker recipes that we hope you'll also try!