How to Make a Valentine’s Day Popcorn Mix
Here’s our favorite Valentine’s Day treat to make for gifts to give away…cupids crunch valentine popcorn!
You have all the chococolate goodness which makes it a salty and sweet combo.
After we make a few batches of this valentine popcorn, we put a scoop into clear bags and use cute pink ribbon to tie a bow. Add a clever quote to finish it off like “You make my heart pop” or something cheesy 😉
You could also just make this valentine’s day dessert for the family to enjoy on that day too!
If you like this idea, make sure to check out all our other Valentines Day recipes!
- 1 bag of microwave popcorn
- 8 ounces M&Ms
- 1 cup mini pretzels broken into pieces
- 10 ounces of candy melts in pink or red I used pink
- Prepare the popcorn according to package directions, making sure to remove any unpopped kernels
- Add the M&Ms and pretzel pieces, tossing to combine
- Melt half of the candy melts in the microwave in 20 second bursts, pausing to stir each time, until smooth
- Drizzle over the popcorn mixture and use a spatula to help combine the melted chocolate and the candies
- Spread the popcorn on a baking tray lined with wax paper
- Melt the remaining chocolate melts and drizzle over the popcorn mix
- Top with sprinkles of choice (I love finding heart shaped sprinkles)
- Place the tray in the fridge for about 20 minutes to allow the chocolate to set before breaking the popcorn bits into servings
Leave a Reply