How to Make Jalapeno Poppers in the Air Fryer
My air fryer is my best friend in the kitchen! One of my favorite game day appetizers are these jalapeno poppers. They are so delicious and cook so fast. The peppers are soft enough but with a little crunch. If you don’t have one, you can use my oven version!
What ingredients do I need to make jalapeno poppers?
- Jalapeno peppers
- Cream cheese
- Colby jack or cheddar cheese
- Garlic powder
Do I have to use real bacon?
No, you can totally use bacon bits but they aren’t as delicious as the real bacon strips because the grease creates wonderful flavor.
Can I wrap the jalapenos with bacon instead?
Of course! Just fill the inside with the cheese mixture then wrap a half strip of bacon around it.
What temperature do I cook jalapeno poppers in my air fryer?
I set my air fryer to 385 degrees F.
How long do I cook them for?
I have found that 6-7 minutes make them perfect but if you like them crispier you can leave them longer. Make sure to keep checking them so they don’t burn.
Air Fryer Jalapeno Poppers
- 6 Medium to large jalapeno peppers
- 8 oz Package cream cheese softened
- 4 oz Colby jack or cheddar cheese shredded
- 2.5 oz Package real bacon pieces
- ½ tsp Garlic powder
- Slice the jalapenos in half lengthwise, and remove all of the seeds with a spoon.
- In a medium bowl, add the cream cheese, cheddar, bacon, and garlic powder. Mix until completely combined.
- Fill the jalapeno halves with the cheese mixture.
- Preheat your air fryer to 385 degrees for 1 minute.
- Arrange jalapenos in a single layer in the air fryer basket, and air fry for 6-7 minutes, or until the cheese is bubbly. You may have to air fry in two batches, depending on the size of your air fryer.
- Remove from air fryer, and serve warm.