Try something new and delicious this Easter…carrot cake cookies with a cream cheese frosting! They are so addicting you won’t have any leftovers to take home.
Watch me make this live in my video…
Carrot Cake Cookies
- 2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. Baking powder
- 1 tsp. Cinnamon
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. Ginger
- ¼ tsp. Nutmeg
- ⅛ tsp. Cloves
- 2 sticks butter softened
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup shredded carrots
- ⅓ cup raisins
- Optional: crushed pecans
- 4 oz. softened cream cheese
- 1 ½ cup powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp. Butter
- 1 tbsp. Milk
- ½ tsp. Almond extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Sift flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, ginger, nutmeg, and cloves together in a medium-sized bowl. Set aside.
- In a mixer, cream butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar.
- Add eggs, one at a time. Mix well.
- Add dry ingredients, blend.
- Add raisins and carrots, blend until just incorporated.
- Roll dough into balls and place onto a baking sheet.
- Bake 10- 12 minutes or until cookies are golden brown.
- To make the icing, blend cream cheese, powdered sugar, butter, and almond extract
- with a handheld mixer in a medium-sized bowl. Add milk, and blend until creamy.
- Once cookies are cooled, spread icing on cookies and top with crushed pecans if desired.