These Christmas light cookies are going to look so cute on your dessert table! Whether you are looking for a fun dessert to serve at your own party or looking for a cute treat to give as gifts, these cookies will be a hit! I like them because they taste delicious and they are so much fun!
How do you make Christmas light cookies? It’s easy!! All you need is some sugar cookies (I recommend these ones, of course) and a few more ingredients. Then you are on your way to having a fun Christmas treat that the whole family will love making and eating.
Are Christmas light cookies, just cookies? No, they are not! I mean, of course, they are cookies, but they are so much more. They are a dessert, a holiday snack to nibble while decorating or wrapping gifts, or they can even be a gift in themselves! Just put them into a cute holiday bag, or Christmas colored disposable food storage with a bow on top!
The act of making these Christmas light cookies may actually be more fun than eating them! I love doing Christmas crafts and activities with my kids and decorating these cookies definitely counts as one of those activities that is too fun to do!
WHY IT WORKS:
- The adorable Christmas light decorations are fun for the holiday.
- They taste delicious!
- These cookies make great gifts!
- Need a lot of cookies? Double or triple your batch!
- You can stick with red and green for Christmas colors or choose any colors you wish.
- Use a thick layer of icing to cover the cookie completely.
- Be sure to let the white icing harden as much as possible before continuing to decorate.
- Once you are done decorating, go ahead and put the cookies in the freezer for a bit to help them set quicker.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED TO MAKE CHRISTMAS LIGHT COOKIES
- Sugar Cookies Prepared or Sugar Cookie Dough (https://myheavenlyrecipes.com/soft-fluffy-sugar-cookie-recipe/)
- White Cookie Icing (found in the cake decorating area)
- A Family Size Bag of M&M’s
- 1 Tube of Black Gel Icing (found in the cake decorating area)
HOW TO MAKE CHRISTMAS LIGHT COOKIES
Start by putting your white cookie icing on each cookie.
Start on the outer edge and work your way to the center. Make sure it’s a fairly thick layer.
Let your white icing harden and set.
Take your gel icing and carefully make strands from one side of the cookie to the other, as shown. You can make your lines straight or curled, up to you.
Before your gel icing sets, place one of each color M&M on your black icing, as shown.
Let your cookie set, you can even place them in the freezer briefly.
Serve and enjoy!
Other Christmas Recipes You’ll Want at Your Cookie Baking Party
CHRISTMAS LIGHT COOKIES
- 12 Sugar Cookies https://myheavenlyrecipes.com/soft-fluffy-sugar-cookie-recipe/
- 1 tube White Cookie Icing found in the cake decorating area
- Plain M&M's family sized bag
- 1 Tube of Black Gel Icing found in the cake decorating area
- Start by putting your white cookie icing on each cookie.
- Start on the outer edge and work your way to the center. Make sure it's a fairly thick layer.
- Let your white icing harden and set.
- Take your gel icing and carefully make strands from one side of the cookie to the other, as shown. You can make your lines straight or curled, up to you.
- Before your gel icing sets, place one of each color M&M on your black icing, as shown.
- Let your cookie set, you can even place them in the freezer briefly.
- Serve and enjoy!