Make an egg roll in a bowl dinner! It’s low carb and is great for making on a ketogenic diet.
Egg Roll in a Bowl
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 brown onion finely diced (about ¾ cup)
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger grated
- ¾ cup carrot garted or matchsticks
- 6 garlic cloves about 1 tablespoon minced
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon garlic chili paste or Sriracha hot sauce
- 2 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 3 cups green cabbage shredded
- 1 ½ cup purple cabbage red cabbage, shredded
- 6-8 green onion stalks sliced
- 1 cup mung beans rinsed and dried
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- In a large skillet over medium high heat, saute onion until softened (5 minutes). Add in garlic, ginger and saute further for 30 seconds.
- Add meat and cook until no longer pink. Sir in chili paste, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar.
- Carefully top with shredded cabbage, carrot and stir to combine. Let simmer for 3-4 minutes and add mung beans last.
- Stir in 2-3 tablespoons sliced green onions (optional or you can just leave them for garnish) and remove from heat. Serve with more green onions.