Peanut Butter Reindeer Cookies
- 1 cup butter softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 72 small pretzel twists
- 36 red m&ms
- 72 candy eyes
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl beat the butter, sugar, peanut butter, eggs, vanilla extract, and salt together in a bowl until smooth and creamy.
- Stir in the flour and baking soda until all combined.
- Separate the dough into 36 pieces and roll into balls.
- Slightly flatten each ball and shape into a rounded triangle shape.
- Place the cookies on parchment lined baking sheets.
- Press 2 mini pretzels into the two top corners of each triangle for the antlers.
- Press a red m&m for the nose of each cookie.
- Bake until the cookies are golden brown, 12 to 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and place the cookies on racks to cool.
- Once cool dip the bottom of each cand eye into a little peanut butter and place onto the reindeer face.
- Store these in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
- You can use chocolate covered pretzels for the antlers but don’t put them on before baking, put them on after the cookies have cooled. You will need to melt a little chocolate chips and use them as glue if you decide to use them.
- You can use brown m&ms for the eyes and you can place them on before baking.
- You can use melted chocolate chips to adhere the eyes if you like.