How to Make Ritz Chocolate Ornament Treats
Here’s a fun Christmas treat to make for your holiday party…chocolate covered ritz ornaments! They are filled with peanut butter and are topped with Reese’s that look like the ornament toppers! These look so pretty on a white platter for a Christmas get together. You could even bag up a few for gifts! Make sure to check out all our other Christmas desserts!
- My chocolate is too thick, how do I thin it out?
You can place 1 Tablespoon of shortening into the melting wafers or sprinkle Wilton’s EZ Thin prior to microwaving.
- Instead of melting the chocolate in the microwave, can I use a chocolate melting pot?
Yes, a melting pot will work just fine.
- How do you store the chocolate cover crackers?
At room temperature in an airtight container for up to 5 days, or in the refrigerator for up
to 2 weeks.
- Can I use crunchy peanut butter instead?
Yes. You can use crunchy peanut butter instead or for a different flavor you could use Nutella or Almond Butter as well.
These are fun to make so you could involve your kids to decorate them too.
Chocolate Covered Ritz Ornaments
- 48 ritz crackers
- 12 oz chocolate almond bark ½ block or white chocolate almond bark
- 4 oz chocolate melting wafers approximately 55 wafers or white chocolate melting wafers
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- 24 Mini Reese’s
- Red and Green sprinkles or M&M’s for decorations
- On a parchment paper lined cookie sheet lay out 24 crackers face down about an inch apart
- Place a tablespoon of peanut butter in the center of each cracker. Then top with another cracker face up, making a sandwich
- Place almond bark in a microwave safe medium mixing bowl, heat on high for 1 min, then stir. Microwave at 30 sec intervals, stirring in between, until smooth
- Using tongs or two forks, dip peanut butter crackers into melted chocolate. Shake off any excess chocolate then place back onto lined cookie sheet
- Top the edge chocolate dipped crackers with a mini-Reese’s to look like an ornament topper
- Decorate with sprinkles or M&M’s
- Place in freezer to harden for 5-10 min
- Store at room temperature in an air tight container