This post may contain affiliate links, read our Disclosure Policy for more information. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases, thank you!
Mini Pecan Pies
Servings 12 servings
- 1 refrigerated pie crust
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- ¼ cup of cornstarch
- 1 ¼ cup of water
- 1 Tbsp of butter
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1 cup of pecans chopped
- 12 pecan halves
- Whipped Cream optional
- Soften the pie crust to room temp, while preheating the oven to 375 degrees. Roll out the pie crust and using a 3” round cutter, cut 9 rounds in the crust (keep the cuts as close together as possible).
- Gather the remaining pie crust and roll it out with your hand to cut another round. Repeat this 3 times. You should be able to get 12 rounds out of 1 pie crust.
- Turn a mini muffin pan upside down and place a pie round on every other cup, gently pushing the round down around the sides of the cup. Bake until golden brown (about 6-8 minutes). Let them cool for a few minutes before handling.
- In a medium pot, combine the brown sugar, cornstarch and water. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until it starts to boil. Boil for 1 minute and then remove from the heat. Add the butter, vanilla extract and chopped pecans to the pot and stir. Let the mixture cool before continuing.
- Fill each pie cup with the pecan mixture. Then place a pecan half right on top. Enjoy immediately or refrigerate.
*If using Whipped Cream, add it to the top of the pecan mixture and then place a pecan half on top of the Whipped Cream. I also suggest refrigerating the mini pies before adding Whipped Cream because it will melt if not served immediately.
Leave a Reply