How to Make Pecan Pralines
These pecan pralines are a cross over of a candy and a cookie combined! The creamy buttery rich flavor is amazing! These make the best gifts to give in a Christmas tin! Make sure to also try our pecan ball cookies and butter pecan cookies!
What ingredients do I need to make pecan pralines?
- Granulated sugar
- Light brown sugar
- Evaporated milk
- Butter (unsalted)
- Vanilla extract
What kitchen equipment do I need to make these?
You will need a candy thermometer to make sure the temperature is right! You will also need a small pot, a cookie scoop, parchment paper/wax paper and a cookie baking sheet.
- 1 ½ cups Granulated sugar
- 1 ½ cups Light brown sugar
- 1 cup Evaporated milk
- ¼ cup Butter (unsalted)
- 2 cups Toasted Pecans 1 cup halves, 1 cup chopped
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp Salt
- Add both sugars to a small pot on the stove along with the evaporated milk.
- Using medium-high heat, bring to a boil, stirring often.
- Use a pastry brush with water to remove any crystallized sugar on the sides of the pot.
- Bring sugars to a heat of 228 degrees F (using a candy thermometer)
- Add butter and both sets of pecans. Keep stirring.
- Continuously stirring bring the mixture to 232 degrees F.
- Turn off the heat, stir in the vanilla and salt and keep stirring.
- Keep stirring until the mixture completely loses its gloss. This can take upward of 10 minutes).
- On a baking sheet lined with parchment paper (or wax paper), use a cookie scoop to drop scoops of the praline mixture on there. Leave about 2 inches between each one.
- Allow to cool for 30 minutes before moving.