How to Make 4th of July Oreo Balls
Celebrate the 4th of July, Memorial day, or any other patriotic event with these darling oreo balls!
What ingredients do I need to make these?
- Oreo Cookies
- Block cream cheese
- Red candy melts
- Blue candy melts
- Ghirardelli white melting wafers
- White star confetti sprinkles
They look so lovely on a white platter to serve! Your guests won’t be able to stop eating them!
Patriotic Oreo Balls
- 1 lb 2.12 oz Family Size package Oreo Cookies
- 8 ounce block cream cheese softened to room temperature
- 12 ounce bag red candy melts
- 12 ounce bag blue candy melts
- ⅓ cup Ghirardelli white melting wafers
- White star confetti sprinkles for topping
- Line two baking trays with parchment and set it aside.
- Place the Oreo cookies in a food processor or high speed blender and pulse into fine crumbs.
- In a large mixing bowl with a hand mixer on high speed, beat the softened cream cheese until smooth.
- Add the Oreo crumbs to the bowl and mix on medium speed until well combined.
- Using a 1.5” cookie scoop, scoop up even sized balls and then roll it in the palms of your hands to make it smooth. Place the rolled balls on the prepared baking trays, in even amounts.
- Once you are done making balls, place the trays into the refrigerator to chill for 2 hours. If you are short on time, you can freeze the balls for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove one tray of the prepared balls from the refrigerato.
- In a double boiler over low heat (or use a microwave safe bowl and microwave on low setting), melt the blue candy melts, stirring every 30 seconds until fully melted and smooth.
- Use a fork to dip one ball at a time completely into the blue melts. Lift the fork and tap it to help remove any excess coating. Place the ball back onto the baking tray and immediately sprinkle with the white star confetti. Place the coated Oreo balls into the refrigerator for the coating to finish setting.
- Remove the second tray of the rolled balls from the refrigerator.
- Using a clean double boiler on low heat, melt the red candy melts, stirring every 30 seconds until fully melted and smooth.
- Use a fork to dip each ball completely into the red melts to coat it then lift the fork and tap it to remove any excess coating. Place the ball back onto the baking tray. Repeat with the remaining balls.
- Using a small piping bag, microwave ⅓ cup white melting wafers in 30 second increments until melted. Massage the bag at each interval to ensure it heats evenly.
- Snip a small piece of the tip off the end and drizzle white lines over the red coated Oreo balls. Return the balls to the refrigerator for the coating to finish setting for 10 minutes.
- Keep refrigerated until ready to eat. Enjoy!