Make some festive reindeer nutter butter truffle bites for your Christmas party! They are so cute and taste delicious!
What will I need to complete this recipe?
- You will need the following ingredients:
-nutter butter cookies
-mini red m&ms
-small candy eyes
-semi-sweet chocolate chips
- You will need the following supplies:
-medium microwave-safe bowl
Can I eat these warm or cold?
These Reindeer nutter butter balls should be eaten chilled, warming them will cause them to melt.
What are substitutions that I can make?
You can substitute the pretzel wheels with mini pretzels.
You can substitute the semi-sweet chocolate chips with dark chocolate chips or milk chocolate chips.
You can substitute the mini red M&M’s with original size M&M’s or red skittles.
Can I make this ahead of time and freeze it?
Yes, you can make these reindeer nutter butter balls ahead of time and freeze them in a freezer-safe container for up to 6 months. Makes sure to freeze them in a single layer on a flat surface to avoid the candy features from coming off.
How can I thaw these?
You can thaw these reindeer nutter butter balls in a refrigerator in an air-tight container or at room temperature uncovered. Makes sure to refrigerate them after thawing.
Chocolate Reindeer Nutter Butter Bites
- 1 package nutter butter cookies family size
- 20 mini red m&ms
- 40 small candy eyes
- 1 8 ounce block of cream cheese, softened
- 20 pretzel wheels cut in half
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Using a food processor, pulverize all nutter butters into a sandy texture. You may need to do this in 2 batches depending on the size of your food processor.
- Add the pulverized nutter butters to a large bowl along with softened cream cheese. Mix them together until you have a soft “dough” texture. You can use a spoon or clean hands to mix.
- Roll a 2-inch ball of nutter butter dough mixture in your hands and pinch the bottom of the ball until you have the shape of a reindeer head. Repeat until you’ve used all of the nutter butter dough and place them on parchment paper in your freezer for 10 minutes.
- In a medium microwave-safe bowl, melt semi-sweet chocolate chips according to the package instructions. Using a fork, lower a nutter butter reindeer head into the melted chocolate and use a spoon to help cover the entire head in chocolate. Allow the extra chocolate to drip back into the bowl before placing the reindeer head onto parchment paper. Repeat until all heads are covered in chocolate.
- Before the chocolate has hardened, place a pretzel wheel half into both sides of the reindeer head to make antlers, a red m&m at the bottom of the face for a nose, 2 eyes between the antlers, and then place them in your refrigerator for at least 10 minutes or until the chocolate is hardened.
- Keep chilled until ready to serve.
These Reindeer nutter butter balls should be kept chilled until ready to serve. They can be kept in your refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 7 days, or a freezer in a freezer-safe container for up to 6 months. Be sure to store them in a single layer on a flat surface to avoid the candy features from coming off.