Decorate your sugar cookies like cute little reindeers! All you need is melting chocolate (chocolate chips etc), a piping bag, and green and red m&ms! After the cookies are cooled, pipe some reindeer antlers, eyes and a dot for the nose. Then stick on the m&m candy.
You can use the rolls of cookie dough pre-made in the stores or use mine below…
How to Make Sugar Cookies from Scratch
- 3 cups flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp. clear or regular vanilla extract
- In a large bowl (I use my kitchen aid mixer) mix together sugar and butter until light and fluffy.
- Mix egg until well combined to the egg mixture.
- Next add in vanilla until combined.
- In a separate bowl whisk together flour and baking powder.
- Add a cup at a time to the egg mixture and combine until you get one ball of dough.
- On a lightly floured surface knead your dough for 1-2 minutes.
- Place in plastic wrap and refrigerate the dough for 10-20 minutes. You are looking to chill the dough so it’s easier to work with.
- Once the dough has chilled place the ball of dough on a lightly floured sheet of wax paper.
- Place another piece of wax paper over the top of the dough and begin to roll our to be about ¼″ thick.
- Using your cookie cutter cut out your shapes and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 6-8 minutes, the center will be a tad bit soft/doughy. Remove from oven and let stand on baking sheet so the cookie hardens.
- Place on cooling rack and allow to cool before you decorate!