Christmas Rice Krispie Treats
Make some Christmas themed rice krispie bars this holiday! They are shaped like Santa Claus’ hats using marshmallows! The kids love these and they look so cute on a platter for a Christmas party.
You can also stand them up on a tray which is super cute for a holiday get together. Another idea is to put 2 or 3 in a clear gift bag and tie a bow on it for a present!
Ho Ho Ho hope you enjoy these!
Santa Hat Rice Krispie Treats
- 32 regular size marshmallows divided (8 ounces)
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 5-6 drop red gel food color
- 3 cups rice krispies cereal
- 50-55 mini marshmallows cut in half
- 1 cup white chocolate melting wafers
- Lightly spray a 9” round cake pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- Add 28 (7 ounces) of the regular size marshmallows and the butter to a large microwave safe bowl and microwave on high for 45 seconds. Stir well, then microwave for an additional 45 seconds. Stir until the marshmallows are completely melted and the mixture is smooth.
- Add the vanilla, salt and red food color and mix until well combined and uniform. Lightly spray a rubber spatula with cooking spray and fold in the rice krispies into the marshmallow mixture until evenly coated.
- Turn the rice krispies mixture out into the prepared cake pan. Lightly spray your fingertips with cooking spray and press the mixture into an even layer. Set aside to allow the rice krispie to set.
- While the rice krispies are setting, line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside. Cut the remaining 4 regular size marshmallows in half and set aside.
- Once set, carefully remove the rice krispie from the pan and cut into 8 wedges.
- Melt the white chocolate melting wafers based on the package directions. Dip the larger end of a rice krispie wedge 1 inch into the melted chocolate. Lay the dipped rice krispie flat onto the parchment lined tray.
- Place two rows on the mini marshmallows, cut side down onto the white chocolate to create the bottom rim of the santa hat. Dip the cut side of a halved regular sized marshmallow into the melted chocolate and place on the top point of the rice krispie to create the pom pom. Repeat with the remaining 7 rice krispie wedges.
- Allow the chocolate to set at room temperature before serving the rice krispies treats.
● For best results, use a bag of fresh marshmallows when making the rice krispies mixture.
● If using liquid food color, you will need to increase the quantity as the color tends to be less vibrant. Start with 10 drops of color and add more as needed.
● Do not press too firmly when shaping the rice krispies in the pan. Pressing too frimley will result in a tough rice krispie treat.
● White chocolate chips can be used in place of the melting wafers. Add 2 teaspoons of vegetable oil or shortening to the white chocolate when melting to help achieve a smoother consistency.
● The time it takes for your rice krispies treats and the white chocolate to set will vary depending on the temperature in your kitchen. The treats will set faster in a cooler environment.