How to Make Christmas Tree Rice Krispie Treats
Make these fun Christmas themed rice krispie treats for the holidays this year! They are adorable green little Christmas tree shaped treats with a reese’s for the trunk! Make sure to try our m&m christmas rice krispie treats and santa hat rice krispie bars too!
You can either use a knife to cut the tree shapes or a cookie cutter.
Invite the kids to decorate the tops of the trees with candy melts and sprinkles!
Rice Krispie Christmas Trees
- 3 tbsp butter
- 10 oz bag mini marshmallows
- 7 drops green food coloring
- 6 cups Rice Krispies cereal
- ½ cup green candy melts
- Mini Reece’s Peanut Butter Cups
- Christmas sprinkles
- Line a 9×13 inch baking pan with parchment paper.
- Add butter to a large pot, and melt over low heat.
- Add the marshmallows, and heat, stirring often, until melted.
- Add the food coloring, and stir until the color is solid.
- Stir the cereal into the marshmallows.
- Pour mixture into the prepared baking dish, and press to the sides.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Remove from the refrigerator, and lift the entire parchment sheet out of the baking dish, and onto a large cutting board.
- Using a large knife, make a diagonal cut, then another the opposite way, making two trees. Continue cutting out tree (triangle shapes), until you cannot cut anymore.
- Set the tree cutouts onto a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Pour the candy melts into a piping bag (or ziplock bag), and heat in the microwave for 30 second intervals, until melted. Massage bag with your hand between each heating session.
- Snip the end off the piping bag, and add a small amount to the bottom of each Mini Reece’s Peanut Butter Cups, then stick one to the bottom of each tree.
- Drizzle melted candy in a back and forth motion over the top of each tree.
- Add sprinkles on top of the melted candy.