Make these creepy awesome severed finger cupcakes for Halloween! The pretzels work perfect for a finger!
Severed Finger Cupcakes
- 12 cupcakes Use store bought or your favorite recipe
- 2 to 3 cups vanilla frosting in white Use store bought or your favorite recipe
- 6 Pretzel rods broken in half
- White candy melts
- Orange candy melts
- Toasted sliced almonds
- Red gel icing
- Place 1 cup white candy melts and 3 discs of orange candy melts in a microwave safe bowl. Melt the candy coating according to package directions giving special care not to overheat the candy. If the candy coating is overheated, it will be too thick. You can add 2 teaspoons of vegetable shortening or coconut oil to help thin the candy but do not add any other type of liquid as the candy will seize and harden. If the color is not “flesh tone” enough, you can add one additional orange candy melt at a time until desired color is reached. For darker skin tones, use brown or black candy melts in place of orange.
- Dip the pretzel rod into the candy melts and shake gently to remove excess. Place pretzel rod on waxed paper and immediately press an almond slice onto the tip as a fingernail.
- Once the candy coating on the pretzel rod is set, use a toothpick to scratch lines across the pretzel rod to resemble knuckles.
- Pipe frosting over cupcake in a circular direction working from the center of the cupcake towards the outside and back toward the center to create a peak.
- Top each cupcake with a pretzel rod finger.
- On the end of the pretzel rod without an almond, apply red gel icing to resemble blood. Be aware that this gel icing will slowly drip until it is set. Add a small amount at a time and then add additional gel icing if needed.
- Add additional drops of red gel icing over the cupcake.