This post may contain affiliate links, read our Disclosure Policy for more information. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases, thank you!
How to Make Candied Pecans
Make the most addicting pecans of your life!! My husband and I can never stop eating them but they make great gifts in baggies or to set out at a party.
What ingredients do I need to make candied pecans?
- Pecan Halves
- Salted butter
- Brown sugar
- Sea salt
- Vanilla extract
Here’s my neighbor gifts i’m going to give for Christmas!
Servings 3 cups
- 3 cups Pecan Halves
- 2 tbsp Salted butter
- ½ cup Brown sugar
- ½ tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Sea salt
- ¼ cup Water
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a sauce pan, melt the butter on medium heat.
- Pour in the pecans and keep stirring for 3 minutes.
- Dump in the brown sugar and continuously stir for 2 minutes until the sugar is melted.
- Carefully add the water, cinnamon, and salt to the pecans and stir. It will take 2-3 minutes stirring to get the water evaporated.
- Pour the vanilla in and stir, coating them all.
- Remove from the heat and pour on the parchment paper evenly.
- Bake for 5-6 minutes in the oven.
- Let cool for an hour then stir them up and try to separate the pecans from each other leaving space on the parchment paper (it'll help them get hard).
- Let sit for a day (or 5-6 hours) and enjoy!