This post may contain affiliate links, read our Disclosure Policy for more information. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases, thank you!
How to Make Halloween Potatoes for Dinner
This year for Halloween, make your dinner extra spooky with these fun skull roasted red potatoes! They would go great with a roast beef or any meat! These are perfect basic potatoes, smoked paprika gives them that extra oomph, but regular paprika works too! Nice and garlicky and oniony! The creamer potatoes have nice soft and creamy interiors.
They are so delicious and fun to eat!
Halloween Skull Roasted Red Potatoes
A fun spooky side dish for your Halloween meal!
- 1 ½ lbs red mini creamer potatoes or similar mini potato
- 4 cups water
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked or regular paprika
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Optional – fresh or dried parsley flakes for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 385 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Wash potatoes, then set aside.
- In a large bowl pour 4 cups cold water and mix in 2 Tablespoons of the lemon juice.
- Using a paring knife, carefully carve skull faces into each mini potato. Place the carved potato into the bowl of lemon water.
- In another bowl, mix together the oil, 1 Tablespoon lemon juice, and the seasoning.
- Drain the potatoes then toss them in the seasoning oil.
- Place the potatoes on a baking sheet, face side up. Bake in the oven for approximately 30 minutes or until golden and tender.
- Garnish with your favorite toppings, and additional salt as preferred. Enjoy!
Leave a Reply