St. Patrick’s Day Rice Krispie Bars
Need a fun and delicious St. Patrick’s day treat idea?! Make these fun lucky charms rice krispie treats for the kids. There’s nothing better than a rice krispie bar, and adding the magical marshmallows from the cereal! We also made a green version too!
What ingredients do I need to make these?
- Unsalted butter
- Mini marshmallows
- Lucky Charms cereal
- Rainbow sprinkles
These would be cute wrapped individually for a little St. Paddy’s gift!
Lucky Charm Rice Krispies
- 1 stick unsalted butter melted
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 10 ounce bag mini marshmallows
- 10 cups Lucky Charms cereal
- ½ cup Lucky Charms marshmallows for topping optional
- Rainbow sprinkles optional
- Lightly grease the bottom of a 9×13 baking pan with cooking spray and line it with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Melt butter in a large pot over low heat and stir in the salt.
- Add the marshmallows and stir constantly over low heat until it melts. It is ok if there are still small lumps of marshmallows.
- Once the marshmallows have melted, remove the pot from the heat and add the cereal.
- Fold it together with a wooden spoon until the cereal is evenly coated with the melted marshmallow mixture, being careful not to crush the cereal.
- Gently spread the mixture into the prepared baking pan into an even layer. Do not press it in together too hard otherwise you will end up with hard treats.
- Immediately top with extra Lucky Charms marshmallows and sprinkles for a fun touch.
- Allow it to cool completely on the counter for 30 minutes to 1 hour before slicing into bars.