This post may contain affiliate links, read our Disclosure Policy for more information. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases, thank you!
How to Make Watergate Salad
Make this classic pistachio fluff salad for your next party! It’s always a hit at Thanksgiving especially! Make sure to also try our pistachio cookies!
You just need 5 ingredients to make this fluff salad. My grandma always made this growing up and there were never any leftovers.
- 1 3- ounce package pistachio instant pudding
- 1 20- ounce can crushed pineapple not drained
- 1 8- ounce tub whipped topping
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- Maraschino cherries chopped pecans, and/or additional miniature marshmallows for topping
- In a large bowl, combine the pistachio instant pudding and the crushed pineapple. Mix well to let the pudding mix absorb into the juices from the pineapple.
- Fold in the whipped topping and miniature marshmallows.
- Pour into a serving bowl and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Just before serving, top the fluff with chopped pecans, additional miniature marshmallows and maraschino cherries. Serve chilled.
You can also add the chopped pecans into the fluff mixture. If you do this, start at ¼ cup and increase up to ½ cup or until your desired consistency.
Leave a Reply