How to Make Lucky Charm Rice Krispie Treats
Make some super fun treats for the kids this St. Patrick’s Day! Green lucky charm rice krispies treats. Perfect to put in their lunchbox or put on a platter for a party. If you don’t want to make them green, try these!
You don’t have to add the green gel food coloring if you don’t want to but I thought it was cute to represent a Leprechaun!
Lucky Charms Rice Krispie Treats
- 5 C Lucky Charms Cereal plus extra marshmallows to add to top
- 4 C Rice Krispies Cereal
- 1- 10.50 oz bag mini marshmallows
- 5 teaspoons salted butter
- Green gel food coloring
- Butter a 9×13” baking dish and set aside.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt marshmallows in 20 second increments, twice, until a little melted.
- Set aside and in a separate microwave safe bowl, melt butter in 20 second increments until almost all melted.
- Add butter to marshmallows and microwave again, for about 20 seconds.
- Stir to combine.
- Add food coloring and Rice Krispies and stir to combine.
- Add Lucky Charms and stir until coated.
- Using a buttered rubber spatula, evenly spread mixture into baking dish.
- Add additional marshmallows on top.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Cut into 12 squares, or 8 if you want larger treats.
Add food coloring to the marshmallows before adding cereal if you want to be precise in the green you wish to achieve.
Microwaves differ, so you may need more or less time depending on yours. Just pay careful attention.