These Patriotic Rice Krispies Treats are perfect for a surprise or dessert for those summertime backyard BBQs and 4th of July celebrations. Let the kids help to make them — put a stick in to make the treat even more enjoyable to the little ones and they’ll be proud to serve them to guests all summer long!
I don’t know about ya’ll, but I am counting down the days until Memorial Day. No matter what the calendar says, Memorial Day has always felt like the real kickoff to summer fun. The yard is (mostly) “ready,” the kids are running that energy off outside again, and the pools will all be open soon! It is SO on.
Today I’m coming at you with a fun and festive, super easy dessert that is perfect for Memorial Day (and Fourth of July) celebrations, Patriotic Rice Krispies Treats! Patriotic colors, stars, sprinkles, and that sweetly satisfying taste of all-American Rice Krispies treats! You cannot go wrong with this one.
Why you’ll love these Patriotic Rice Krispies treats (aka Red, White, and Blue Rice Krispies Treats!)
- These red, white, and blue Rice Krispies treats take just 20 minutes to whip up and call for a few basic ingredients you can always keep on hand.
- Patriotic Rice Krispies Treats can be made ahead of time and stay fresh for up to three days when stored at room temperature in airtight containers.
- These treats are also easy to take and share. You can wrap them individually or stack them in a container with wax paper between the layers.
- This dessert can take the heat (of the great outdoors)! You can’t say that for every potluck dish, unfortunately. 😉
- Patriotic Rice Krispies Treats are fun to eat because they are served on a stick! The stick not only makes these more adorable and easy to munch, but they also keep little (and big) hands from getting sticky. Winning!
- This dessert makes feeding a crowd inexpensive!
Where to share Patriotic Rice Krispies Treats
- Veteran events and fundraisers
- Baseball games
- Girl, Boy, or Cub Scout events
- Pool parties
- Camping trips
- BBQ, picnics, and potlucks – Oh My!
Wherever you share these red, white, and blue Rice Krispies treats, they’ll be enjoyed by all!
Ingredients Needed for Patriotic Rice Krispies Treats
- Large marshmallows
- Rice cereal
- Blue gel food coloring
- Red and blue sprinkles
How to Make Patriotic Rice Krispies Treats
Step #1: Coat a square pan generously with butter.
Step #2: In a saucepan, over medium heat, melt butter and then add marshmallows. Allow to melt completely then remove from heat.
Step #3: Add in blue gel food coloring and mix until marshmallow mixture is completely colored.
Step #4: Pat the cereal treat mixture evenly into your coated pan. Top with sprinkles and pat down some more (so that the sprinkles stay in place). Allow the cereal treats to set.
Step #5: Using a star cookie cutter, cut out cereal treats into the shape of stars (save the scraps and enjoy them!).
Step #6: Insert a lollipop stick at the bottom and enjoy the festivities!
Other Rice Krispies Treats the Family Will Love:
- Watermelon Rice Krispies
- Mummy Rice Krispies (for Halloween)
- Rice Krispies Apple Treats
- Rice Krispies Cupcakes
- Rainbow Rice Krispies Treats
Patriotic Rice Krispies Treats
- 3 tbsp of butter
- 20 large marshmallows
- 3 cups rice cereal
- 2 small drops blue gel food coloring
- Red and blue sprinkles
- Star cookie cutter
- Lollipop sticks
- Coat a square pan generously with butter.
- In a saucepan, over medium heat, melt butter and then add marshmallows. Allow to melt completely then remove from heat.
- Add in blue gel food coloring and mix until marshmallow mixture is completely colored.
- Pat the cereal treat mixture evenly into your coated pan. Top with sprinkles and pat down some more (so that the sprinkles stay in place). Allow the cereal treats to set.
- Using a star cookie cutter, cut out cereal treats into the shape of stars (save the scraps and enjoy them!).
- Insert a lollipop stick at the bottom and enjoy the festivities!
Try These Reader Favorite Dessert Recipes
Quite a few of our Dessert Recipes have been very popular across social media. Here's a few of our readers favorite dessert recipes that we hope you'll also try!
- Hershey Pie
- Homemade Buckeyes
- Cinnamon Pretzels
- Bakery Style Brownie Recipe
- Smores Dip
- Vanilla Bean Cheesecake
- Chocolate Cake Mix Cookies
- Death by Chocolate Cheesecake
- Minion Cupcakes
- Unicorn Cupcakes
- Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes
- Oreo Brownies
- Pineapple Upside Down Bundt Cake
- Snicker Salad
- Coca Cola Cake