These Firecracker Layered Jello Cups are perfect for Memorial Day, 4th of July, or any time in the summer when you want a red, white, and blue sweet treat. They can also be easily made with any other color of Jello!
Are these Firecracker Layered Jello Cups fun or what? I mean add a Twizzler to just about anything and I’m on board. In this themed treat, they make the fuse in the firecracker! I just can’t believe something so easy to make could turn out so irresistible! And, finally a firecracker you can hand over to your kids without worrying about them losing a finger – bonus!
Now let’s get back to how ridiculously easy these Firecracker Layered Jello Cups are to make. There are only four simple ingredients to these treats, and the most “challenging” part of this recipe is making Jello. Seriously people! My absolute favorite thing about making these was that after sticking in the Twizzler fuses and piling on the whipped topping layer, I got to spray the remaining whipped cream in my mouth. Yes, I went there and it was aaawesooome. I mean geez guys, that was my payment for working so hard on these. 😉
Firecracker Layered Jello Cup Tips
- Have a little patience and let your Jello cool (and thicken slightly) before pouring it into your plastic cups. This is especially important for your second layer of Jello as that will keep it from softening the bottom layer and potentially blurring your layer colors. Plus, scorching hot liquid and plastic have never been friends, ya’ll.
- You can either use whipped cream from a spray can or use a whipped topping like Cool Whip as the white layer in these Firecracker Layered Jello Cups. Just remember if using canned whipped cream you will need to serve these immediately or it will essentially melt and look very, very sad. With whipped topping like Cool Whip, you can pile it on and stick them in the fridge to have at the ready.
- To save time cooling and setting your Jello layers, you can use the Speed-Set Method instructions listed right on the back of your Jello boxes.
- These Firecracker Layered Jello Cups are a great way to get the kids involved. They are fun and easy to make and while these are red, white, and blue to celebrate the upcoming holidays, you could easily swap Jello flavors to create fantastic color and taste combinations your kids will love for any occasion!
Ingredients for Firecracker Layered Jello Cups
This ingredients list couldn’t be easier! You just need:
- 1 box of Blue Jello
- 1 box of Red Jello
- 1 bag of Twizzlers
- Whipped cream (you can use my Homemade Whipped Cream Recipe)
You’ll also need clear plastic cups to assemble the Layered Jello Cups.
How to Make Firecracker Layered Jello Cups
Step #1: Start by preparing red Jello according to box instructions.
Step #2: Fill plastic cup with prepared Jello just below half way.
Step #3: Place in fridge for 1 to 2 hours and allow Jello to set.
Step #4: Prepare blue Jello according to box instructions.
Step #5: Add blue Jello to the top of the red Jello, just below the top of the cup.
Step #6: Place cup back into the fridge and allow blue Jello to set.
Step #7: Cut Twizzler in half and place down the center of the cup.
Step #8: Top cup with whipped cream.
Serve and enjoy your Jello cups!
Want More Fun Summer Recipes?
- 1 box of blue Jello
- 1 box of red Jello
- 1 bag of Twizzlers
- Clear plastic cups
- Whipped cream
- Start by preparing red Jello according to box instructions.
- Fill plastic cup with prepared Jello just below half way.
- Place in fridge for 1 to 2 hours and allow Jello to set.
- Prepare blue Jello according to box instructions.
- Add blue Jello to the top of the red Jello, just below the top of the cup.
- Place cup back into the fridge and allow blue Jello to set.
- Cut Twizzler in half and place down the center of the cup.
- Top cup with whipped cream.
- Serve and enjoy!