Looking for a sweeter salsa for your next dinner at home with family and friends? Then you’ll love this apple berry fruit salsa!
When we hear the word salsa, tomatoes, onions chilis and herbs usually come to mind. And of course, salsa will always be paired with crunchy tortilla chips around the bowl. And although they’ll always be delicious, it’s good to try out other alternatives ‒ even sweet ones, right?
Serve this apple berry fruit salsa with cinnamon chips as a sweet swap to your regular appetizers! Fruits are high in fiber and are pumped with essential micronutrients which makes them an excellent choice for your first course for any meal you have during the day
Quick, versatile and healthy ‒ this salsa recipe is great to pair with savory meals and combined to create sweet treats! If you’re wanting to get your kids to eat more fruit then this salsa recipe is a keeper. Why not give it a try and see how they like it? Read on and see how else you can switch up this recipe in ways they will surely love!
Why this recipe works:
- Toss everything together in a flash! You’ll be done with this salsa in just a few minutes and it’ll be ready to serve to your family and friends after refrigeration.
- Crunchy cinnamon chips compliment the taste and varied textures of the different fruits making it a medley of wonderful flavors.
- Colorful and fresh Granny Smith apples, kiwi and strawberries make this salsa a feast for the eyes.
- The sweet and citrusy flavors of the fruits will compliment your savory main dishes.
- Try using other favorite apples to give more color and another taste to add to this delicious salsa. The combination of green and red are perfect for the holiday season!
- Add a pop of blue with a handful of blueberries to add even more color and flavor! This is especially fitting for a patriotic theme for the 4th of July.
- Speaking of occasions, make the cinnamon chips into the shape of stars (or other prefered cookie-cutter shapes) to fit your themes. It will definitely add some creative flair to this side dish!
- Use the salsa as pie or tart filling! It’ll be a special surprise waiting in your kids’ lunchboxes or at home when they get back from school.
- Since we’re talking about filling, fold it up in crepe and top it with fluffy whipped cream! Mm-mmm! Doesn’t that sound like an awesome treat?
- Make weekend breakfasts with your family fresh and colorful by serving warm waffles with a generous heap of this cool salsa. Add a nice dollop of whipped cream and your kids will love you for it!
Make the best apple berry fruit salsa with these tips:
- Fruits are always best fresh! So make sure your fruits are not about to reach their expiry date when making this salsa.
- If you’re bringing this salsa to a BBQ party, make sure you place it in a cooler for the trip to keep it cool. On the other hand, if you’re having the party at your place buffet style, you can place the bowl of salsa in another bowl that’s filled with ice. This will be sure to keep it cool throughout the party.
Apple Berry Fruit Salsa Ingredients:
- 2 Granny Smith Apples (diced)
- 2 Kiwis (diced)
- 1 cup of Strawberries (diced)
- 1/4 of a cup of Orange Juice
- 2 tablespoons of Brown Sugar
- 2 tablespoons of Apple Jelly
- Cinnamon Chips (for dipping)
How to make the tastiest apple berry fruit salsa:
In a large mixing bowl, mix together all fruit.
Add in orange juice, brown sugar, and apple jelly.
Mix by hand until well blended.
Refrigerate for 2 hours. Serve and Enjoy!
Check out these yummy dessert recipes
- Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes
- Hershey Pie
- Death by Chocolate Cheesecake
- Homemade Buckeyes
- Blueberry Dump Cake
- Cinnamon Pretzels
- Vanilla Bean Cheesecake
- Fruit Pizza
★ Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to give it a star rating below!
Apple Berry Fruit Salsa
- 2 Granny Smith apples, diced
- 2 kiwis, diced
- 1 cup strawberries, diced
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 tbsp. brown sugar
- 2 tbsp. apple jelly
- cinnamon chips for dipping
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together all fruit.
- Add in orange juice, brown sugar, and apple jelly.
- Mix by hand until well blended.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Serve and enjoy!