Liven up your parties with this Easy Gooey Butter Cake! Your family and guests will be coming back for more gooey goodness.
This traditional Gooey Butter Cake is really simple to make and master! If you’re a busy parent who strives to create delicious food for your family then this recipe is a keeper. The ingredients can be easily found in your local grocery stores and the recipe is easy to follow.
Easy Gooey Butter Cake makes a simple yet adaptable dessert to suit your taste! This basic recipe can easily be dressed up to fit any occasion you want from birthdays to the holidays. You can add chocolate, berries and more! It’s also fun to get creative with your family when making this recipe your own. This easy recipe is one that you can teach to your kids and eventually allow them to make it themselves while you fix up lunch or dinner!
Why it works:
- The creamy taste of butter permeates through the cake and brings all the flavor together.
- Cream cheese has a mild, sweet taste with a pleasant slight tang and also heightens the smoothness of the cake’s texture.
- Vanilla lends a sweet and almost perfumed smell to the soft dessert.
- Add in some chocolate chips or funfetti to give the cake a pop of color fit for any party!
- Top it with a scoop of ice cream to make it extra special. Yum!
- If you want a bit of zing, add in a layer of lemon cream. Throw in some raspberry too!
- Drizzle it with chocolate syrup to jazz it up.
- Add in a layer of Nutella for a decadent dessert!
- Serve the cake as is with a variety of berries.
- Try using a Red Velvet Cake mix instead of the standard Yellow Cake mix. Or make a batch for each for variety!
- For fall, why not make a pumpkin spice version? This’ll be a yummy addition to your autumn recipes.
- For the Christmas season, why not make a layered peppermint version of this cake?
- Make sure to mix the ingredients well to get the same flavor and consistency throughout the cake.
What you’ll need to make Easy Gooey Butter Cake:
- 1 box of Yellow Cake Mix
- ½ a cup of Butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 lb. of Powdered Sugar
- 8 oz. of Cream Cheese
- 1 teaspoon of Vanilla
How to make Easy Gooey Butter Cake:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9 x 13-inch pan.
In a large mixing bowl, mix together cake mix, butter, and 2 eggs.
Pour and spread evenly into the bottom of your pan.
In a large mixing bowl, mix powdered sugar, cream cheese and vanilla. Mix well.
Pour over cake batter and spread evenly.
Bake for 35 minutes, or until the top of your cake is firm/set.
Serve and enjoy!
Other recipes you’ll love:
Easy Gooey Butter Cake
- 1 box Yellow Cake Mix
- ½ c butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 lb powdered sugar
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a 9 x 13-inch pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together cake mix, butter, and 2 eggs.
- Pour and spread evenly into the bottom of your pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix powdered sugar, cream cheese and vanilla. Mix well.
- Pour over cake batter and spread evenly.
- Bake for 35 minutes, or until top of your cake is firm/set.
- Let cool then serve
Try These Reader Favorite Dessert Recipes
Quite a few of our Dessert Recipes have been very popular across social media. Here's a few of our readers favorite dessert recipes that we hope you'll also try!
- Hershey Pie
- Homemade Buckeyes
- Cinnamon Pretzels
- Bakery Style Brownie Recipe
- Smores Dip
- Vanilla Bean Cheesecake
- Chocolate Cake Mix Cookies
- Death by Chocolate Cheesecake
- Minion Cupcakes
- Unicorn Cupcakes
- Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes
- Oreo Brownies
- Pineapple Upside Down Bundt Cake
- Snicker Salad
- Coca Cola Cake