This post may contain affiliate links, read our Disclosure Policy for more information. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases, thank you!
How to Make Christmas Puppy Chow
Make some bright green and red Christmas muddy buddies to set out to munch on at a Christmas party! So easy and tasty! My family always requests puppy chow and it’s so easy to make them colorful using chex mix.
Christmas Muddy Buddies
- ½ cup red frosting
- ½ cup green frosting
- ½ cup white candy melts or white chocolate chips divided
- 1 Tablespoons shortening if needed
- 4 cups Chex cereal
- 1 cup powdered icing sugar
- Grease or line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the red frosting and ¼ cup white chocolate chips (or white candy meltin a microwave-safe bowl and heat for 35 seconds. Stir and reheat as needed. If it seems stiff, add some shortening to loosen it up.
- Stir in 2 cups of the Chex cereal and coat completely.
- Place ½ cup of the powdered icing sugar in a large zip-top bag and add in the candy-coated cereal.
- Close the bag and shake well to fully coat the cereal with sugar.
- Empty the cereal onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Repeat with the white candy melts and green frosting.
- Let dry for an hour before packaging or serving.
Leave a Reply