These Salted Caramel Fat Bombs are the kind of treat that dreams are made of. If you are following a keto diet, you are probably very familiar with fat bombs and this one might just become your favorite! I will warn you though, this delicious salted caramel flavor is going to make it hard to eat just one.
Sometimes it is hard to follow a keto diet if you have a major sweet tooth, and these Salted Caramel Fat Bombs are really good at keeping your sweet tooth satisfied! I don’t know about you, but if I don’t satisfy that sweet tooth once in a while, I am quite tempted to binge on a candy bar, or one of the kids’ cookies or something else not keto friendly.
Salted Caramel Fat Bombs are such a good treat for just about any occasion and guess what? They are super easy to make! No need to take an entire afternoon off just to prepare some treats, this one taste just a few minutes of cooking time and they are ready to put in the freezer.
INGREDIENTS OF SALTED CARAMEL FAT BOMBS
- Heavy Cream
- Erythritol Sugar
- Kosher Salt
- Cream Cheese
- Coconut Oil
- Candy Molds
- Sugar-Free Dark Chocolate
VARIATIONS TO SALTED CARAMEL FAT BOMBS
- You can use Swerve. Erythritol Sugar, or any of your other favorite low carb sweetener.
- If you prefer your salted caramel without chocolate, by all means, skip it!
HOW TO MAKE SALTED CARAMEL FAT BOMBS
Let’s start by making your caramel, place your ¼ a cup of butter in a saucepan on high heat. Melt it down and cook until golden brown.
Add in your heavy cream, cook at medium heat and let simmer for 1 to 2 minutes.
Add in your sugar and salt.
Cook until substance turns golden brown and sticky.
Place into a blender and blend on high until caramel forms, and set aside.
Beat your cream cheese with a mixer until fluffy.
Add in butter, vanilla, swerve, homemade caramel, and coconut oil.
Mix until well blended.
Press mixture firmly into candy molds.
Place in freezer for one hour.
Pop out of molds.
Melt chocolate down and drizzle over fat bombs, sprinkle with salt before chocolate hardens.
Freeze again for 10 minutes.
Serve and enjoy!
*Melts at room temperature.
Other keto recipes you’ll love:
- Strawberry Fluff
- Keto Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
- Cream Cheese Stuffed Jalapeno Peppers with Bacon + Video
- How to Get Started on a Keto Diet
- Low-Carb Taco Soup Recipe (Stove Top or Crock Pot) + Video
Salted Caramel Fat Bombs
- ¼ cup Butter
- ¼ cup Heavy Cream
- 1 tablespoon Erythritol Sugar
- Pinch Kosher Salt
- 8 ounces Cream Cheese softened
- ½ cup Butter softened
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- ¼ cup Erythritol
- 3 tablespoons Coconut Oil
- Candy Molds
- Sugar Free Dark Chocolate
- Kosher Salt
- Lets start by making your caramel, place your ¼ a cup of butter in a sauce pan on high heat. Melt it down and cook until golden brown.
- Add in your heavy cream, cook at medium heat and let simmer for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add in your sugar and salt.
- Cook until substance turns golden brown and sticky.
- Place into a blender and blend on high until caramel forms, and set aside.
- Beat your cream cheese with a mixer until fluffy.
- Add in butter, vanilla, swerve, homemade caramel, and coconut oil.
- Mix until well blended.
- Press mixture firmly into candy molds.
- Place in freezer for one hour.
How long does the caramel cook after you add the sweetener and salt? Is it sticky like solid or more runny? Not sure I cooked it long enough but I think they will taste alright.
You want the sugar to carmelize. Over a medium low heat that takes about 7-10 minutes. You’ll notice it turns a light brown color, that’s what gives it it’s color.