How to Make Piggies in a Blanket
Here’s a fun Christmas appetizer to make…pigs in a blanket in the shape of a wreath! All the kids love these and we made them fancy for Christmas!
All you need are 5 ingredients to make this appetizer!
Pigs in a Blanket
- 2 refrigerated cans of crescent dough
- 32 cocktail sausages pre-cooked
- 1-2 eggs beaten (for egg wash)
- 1 tsp poppy seeds for sprinkling
- Rosemary sprigs for decoration
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Unroll the croissant dough so its flat (showing 8 triangles)
- Using the perforated lines on the dough, cut them to make 16 smaller triangles.
- Take the small triangle and put a sausage at the wide end. Roll it around the sausage. Repeat with the second can.
- Beat the eggs in a small bowl then lightly brush each one.
- Add some poppy seeds on top if you prefer.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper, then place all the pigs in a blanket in rows. Leave some space between eachother. You may need to do 2 batches.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes until golden brown.
- Place in a wreath shape with dipping sauce in the middle- ketchup or BBQ sauce! Stick rosemary or greenery around them to make it festive!