How to Make Pumpkin Coffee Cake
One of my favorite treats for fall time is this pumpkin spice coffee cake with a delicious maple glaze! There are never any leftovers when this comes out!
*Recipe Substitution Options:
To make Gluten Free: Swap out the flour with a cup for cup gluten free flour blend such as King Arthur Gluten Free Baking Flour..
To make Dairy Free: Replace the streusel butter with melted coconut oil.
Refined Sugar Free: Replace the brown sugar with coconut sugar, use 1 cup coconut sugar in coffee cake batter instead of ¾ cup.
Whole Wheat Flour can be replaced with regular All-Purpose Flour.
Coconut milk can be replaced with Heavy Cream or Plain Greek Yogurt.
Pumpkin Spice Coffee Cake
- ½ cup brown sugar lightly packed
- ½ cup whole wheat flour
- ⅓ cup chopped pecans
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup melted butter
Coffee Cake Ingredients:
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- ¾ cup brown sugar lightly packed
- ½ cup coconut oil melted
- ⅓ cup full fat coconut milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon pink himalayan salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Maple Glaze Ingredients (optional):
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 5 teaspoons maple syrup
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit, line a 8×8 pan with parchment paper.
- For the Streusel: In a small bowl mix all the streusel ingredients together until crumbly, set aside.
- For the Coffee Cake: In a large mixing bowl add all of the dry ingredients, mix to combine.
- Add in the eggs, pumpkin, and coconut milk. Mix to combine. Add in the melted coconut oil. Mix the batter until no clumps remain.
- Spread half of the cake batter into the prepared baking pan. Sprinkle the batter with half of the streusel topping. Add the remaining cake batter over the streusel and spread evenly. Sprinkle over the remaining streusel.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- While the coffee cake bakes, make the glaze. Mix together all the glaze ingredients, set aside.
- Let the coffee cake cool for at least 30 minutes, then drizzle the top with glaze. Slice and enjoy!