Make some fresh southwest grilled shrimp tacos for dinner! They are so simple and easy to make for the family.
Cook your raw shrimp on the grill to get some awesome flavors!
The crunchy cabbage and lime juice go so well together. The greek yogurt cilantro sauce to top the shrimp tacos is to die for!
Southwest Grilled Shrimp Tacos
- 1 pound large shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoon cumin
- 3 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 ½ teaspoon chili powder
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups thinly sliced red or green cabbage
- 8-10 to rtillas
- ½ cup of greek yogurt or sour cream
- 1 ½ teaspoons hot sauce
- 1 handful fresh cilantro for garnish
- 1 lime for juicing and extra lime wedges for serving
- Foil for grill packet
- Prepare shrimp by thawing (and peeling if in shell).
- Preheat your grill to medium-high heat (around 375 degrees).
- Lay out a large piece of aluminum foil and fold in half. Fold up edges to create a pouch in the middle. Place shrimp in the middle and drizzle with olive oil and half of the lime juice.
- Sprink on top of the shrimp half of the seasonings; cumin, garlic powder, chili powder, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Place packets on the heated grill and cook for 8-10 minutes, or until shrimp are pink and cooked through.
- While the shrimp are cooking, slide and shred the cabbage and toss in the remaining half of a lime juice. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix together the greek yogurt, hot sauce, and remaining seasonings.
- Warm tortillas on grill for 8-10 seconds per side.
- To serve, place a layer of the cabbage onto a tortilla and top with the grilled shrimp. Drizzle the yogurt mixture across the top of the shrimp, and garnish with cilantro leaves and a lime wedge.