If the bananas on your counter are getting brown, now is the time to make the best banana bread!! Simple one bowl recipe!
The Best Banana Bread
- 3 large ripe bananas
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 ½ cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Grease a loaf pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl mash bananas with a fork or potato masher.
- Use an electric mixer on medium speed to beat in the remaining ingredients until well blended.
- Pour mixture into greased loaf pan.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes. Test that the bread is done by sticking a toothpick or skewer into the center of the loaf. If it comes out clean the bread is done.
- Let cool on a baking rack.
- *This loaf will freeze well.
- *Nuts and/or chocolate chips and/or raisins can be added and mixed in before baking if desired.