Friends, are you ready to try my world famous Cream Cheese Banana Bread? Okay, maybe it’s not quite world famous just yet, but it’s good enough to be! My family loves it, it disappears practically as soon as I pull it out of the oven. It’s that good!
Yes, Cream Cheese Banana Bread is a little bit different than your typical banana bread, but I can honestly say that it is better. The cream cheese in this recipe adds a moist, rich flavor that enhances that delicious banana bread taste that you already know and love. You will not be disappointed to put a spin on this classic, I assure you!
I love to bake several loaves of this Cream Cheese Banana Bread to keep on hand for when the kids decide that they need a snack. As I mentioned earlier, this bread doesn’t last long once it’s baked so I like to double up my recipe and have extra. You can freeze it for later too!
INGREDIENTS OF CREAM CHEESE BANANA BREAD
- Mashed bananas
- Butter room temperature
- Cream cheese
- Vanilla extract
- All-Purpose Flour
- Baking Powder
- Baking Soda
- Ground Nutmeg
- Chopped pecans
VARIATIONS TO CREAM CHEESE BANANA BREAD
- Nut allergy in the family? Skip the pecans.
- Nutmeg can be omitted as well. Nutmeg seems to be hit or miss. You either love it or you hate it, so don’t feel pressured to add it.
- Double up your recipe and make extra, because it’s going to go fast!
- Slice it up and store it in an airtight container in the freezer for a quick snack or breakfast later on!
HOW TO MAKE A CREAM CHEESE BANANA BREAD
PREHEAT oven to 350.
In a large bowl mix together butter, cream cheese and sugar until combined.
Add in egg, one at a time. Adding in vanilla extract last.
In a separate large bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, nutmeg and cinnamon.
Slowly incorporate the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, mixing until all ingredients have been incorporated. Stir in pecans.
Grease a banana bread pan and pour your ingredients.
Bake for 35-45 minutes, until golden brown and a fork/toothpick comes out clean from the center.
Allow to cool before serving.
Other Recipes You’ll Enjoy
- Healthier Recipe for Banana Bread
- Homemade Rolls
- Spaghetti Stuffed Garlic Bread
- Homemade Lasagna with Fresh Ingredients
- Homemade Garlic Bread
- How To Make Pull Apart Rolls
CREAM CHEESE BANANA BREAD
- 4 Mashed bananas
- 3/4 C Butter
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 2 cups Sugar
- 2 Eggs large
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 C All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp Ground Nutmeg
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- PREHEAT oven to 350.
- In a large bowl mix together butter, cream cheese and sugar until combined.
- Add in egg, one at a time. Adding in vanilla extract last.
- In a separate large bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, nutmeg and cinnamon.
- Slowly incorporate the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, mixing until all ingredients have been incorporated. Stir in pecans.
- Grease a banana bread pan and pour your ingredients.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes, until golden brown and a fork/toothpick comes out clean from the center.
- Allow to cool before serving.
More Posts You'll Love:
Try These Reader Favorite Dessert Recipes
Quite a few of our Dessert Recipes have been very popular across social media. Here's a few of our readers favorite dessert recipes that we hope you'll also try!
- Hershey Pie
- Homemade Buckeyes
- Cinnamon Pretzels
- Bakery Style Brownie Recipe
- Smores Dip
- Vanilla Bean Cheesecake
- Chocolate Cake Mix Cookies
- Death by Chocolate Cheesecake
- Minion Cupcakes
- Unicorn Cupcakes
- Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes
- Oreo Brownies
- Pineapple Upside Down Bundt Cake
- Snicker Salad
- Coca Cola Cake