Make some zucchini fritters for a delicious side dish or meal! There’s nothing better than a fresh zucchini from the garden to use.
Make this addicting dipping sauce to go with your fritters!! (recipe below the fritters one)
- 2 medium zucchini
- ½ teaspoon salt divided
- ½ cup unbleached white flour
- 4 tablespoons cornmeal
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 4 tablespoons milk
- 2-4 tablespoons olive oil for frying
- Wash zucchini and cut off both ends.
- Grate into a medium bowl.
- Sprinkle with ¼ tablespoon salt and toss.
- Let sit for 10-15 minutes.
- Transfer handfuls of zucchini to a dish towel or cheesecloth, squeezing with your as much water as you can as you go.
- Wrap up the towel or cheesecloth and squeeze and wring out until you get as much water as you can.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix with a fork until combined.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil over low-medium heat.
- Carefully drop about 2-3 tablespoons of batter into the hot pan.
- Using the back of the scooper (or a spoon or spatula), smooth and flatten out like a pancake..
- Cook for 3-4 minutes, until golden brown.
- Flip and cook for another 3-4 minutes.
- Add more oil to the pan, as needed, between batches.
- Drain on paper bags or paper towels.
Sweet Heat Dipping Sauce
- ¼ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup mayo
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 8 dashes Texas Pete hot sauce
- ½ teaspoon honey
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a bowl, add all ingredients and stir until combined.