Brown Sugar Bacon Wrapped Lil Smokies
- Rolling the wrapped smokies in the sugar and slightly pressing on them instead or sprinkling the sugar when they are on the cookie sheet was a better idea. This way the sugar sticks to the bacon and if sprinkled on the cookie sheet you have a greater chance to have the sugar fall on the cookie sheet and burn instead of caramelizing the bacon.
- The smokies wrapped around bacon are the perfect sweet taste that can be enjoyed alone or with your favorite dip: BBQ sauce, Ranch, Honey Mustard,…
- Serve with cornbread, mashed potatoes, pasta salad, or potato salad,…
- Storage: Once cooled off, place in an airtight container in the fridge for 4-5 days
- Re-warm: Place back in the oven at 350 for 4 to 5 minutes or in the air fryer for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Have fun with the recipe:
- Make it spicy: Add chili powder or cayenne pepper to the brown sugar.
Bacon Wrapped Smokies
- 1 pack 12 ounces lit’l smokies (I used Hillshire brand)
- 10 bacon strips cut into thirds I used thick bacon but you can also use thin bacon, cooking time will be different
- ½ cup packed light brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika optional
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder optional
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a cookie sheet with aluminum foil. Set aside.
- Unpacked the smokies. Pat dry with a paper towel. Set aside.
- In a shallow bowl, mix the light brown sugar, paprika, and onion powder. Set aside.
- Wrap the bacon around the smokie sausage and secure it with a toothpick.
- Roll the wrapped sausage into the sugar mixture.
- Place on the cookie sheet.
- Repeat steps 5 to 7 until you use every smokie sausage.
- Cook in the preheated oven for 30 minutes, flip halfway.
- After 30 minutes, turn them over for an additional 8-10 minutes until bacon is nice and golden. If you are using thin bacon, you may not need to add 10 minutes.
- Serve and Enjoy!