This post may contain affiliate links, read our Disclosure Policy for more information. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases, thank you!
How to Make Cashew Turtles
These cashew turtle clusters are my favorite thing to make for the holidays! They are so easy and fun to make. My whole family requests them as gifts!
They set up beautifully with the caramel and chocolate! No sticky fingers! For these you only need 4 ingredients: chocolate melting wafers, cashews, caramels, and heavy whipping cream. If you like the salty factor, add some thick sea salt flakes!
These are comparative to the Costco chocolate clusters they sell! So good!
- 11 oz Bag of caramels
- 10 oz Chocolate melting wafers I had leftovers (8oz would work)
- 1 TBSP Heavy whipping cream
- 8 oz Cashews I got the 1 lb 2.25oz container and didn't use them all
- Sea salt optional
- Lay out a piece big of parchment paper on the table.
- Make 18 piles of cashews leaving space between (I used about 2 small spoonfuls full each).
- Unwrap all the caramels and put in a microwavable bowl. Add the heavy whipping cream on top.
- Microwave for 15 seconds then stir. Repeat until melted completely.
- Spoon the caramel over the cashews. Don't worry if it doesnt touch all, it will spread. Let sit for 10 minutes.
- In a seperate bowl, melt the chocolate in the microwave. 30 seconds and stir. Repeat until smooth.
- Use a spoon and dump it on top of the caramel part touching each cashew.
- Sprinkle sea salt if you want.
- Let cool and harden in the fridge or let it sit for an hour to set.