This Chocolate Mug Cake can be in your home in under 2 minutes! It’s a microwave cake recipe and the moist chocolate cake satisfies everyone’s chocolate craving!
I use to make Chocolate Lava Cakes ALL the time, but, I just haven’t had the time to make them in the past few years. I was pleasantly surprised to see that I can recreate this Chocolate Mug Cake quickly. Plus, I consider it portion control!
Chocolate Mug Cake Recipe Video
For an extra special treat, top the cake with homemade chocolate syrup. Yum!
Chocolate Mug Cake
- ¼ cup 50 mL dark chocolate morsels
- 1 tbsp 15 mL milk
- ½ tbsp 7 mL unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 egg yolk
- Fresh berries ice cream, chocolate sauce, powdered sugar, or whipped cream (optional)
- Combine the chocolate morsels and milk in the Ceramic Egg Cooker. Microwave, uncovered, on HIGH for 30 seconds or until the chocolate is almost melted. Stir until smooth.
- Add the cocoa powder and egg and stir to combine.
- Microwave, uncovered, on HIGH for 45 seconds. If the top is still wet, continue to microwave in 10 second intervals until the top is no longer wet.
- Allow the cake to cool for 1 minute. Add optional toppings and enjoy directly from the cooker.