How to Make Stroganoff with Ground Beef
Growing up, beef stroganoff was always my answer to my mom when she asked what I wanted for dinner! It IS the best!
There’s not much prep to make it and gets done in under a half hour. Perfect for when the kids come home from school!
- 4 cups dry medium egg noodles
- 1 pound ground beef
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 1 10.5-ounce can cream of mushroom soup (for best flavor, use the original Campbell’s soup)
- ¾ cup milk half and half, or heavy cream
- ½ cup sour cream
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Chopped fresh parsley for garnish
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- In a large saucepan, brown ground beef over medium heat until no longer pink, breaking it into small pieces as it cooks; drain the fat. Add onion and cook until translucent (about 1 minute).
- Stir soup, milk, sour cream, salt, and pepper into the meat.
- Cook over medium heat for just a few minutes, stirring often, until hot and bubbly.
- Add the noodles into the sauce and mix.
- Top with chopped parsley and serve.
Try These Reader Favorite Dinner Recipes
Quite a few of our Dinner Recipes have been very popular across social media. Here's a few of our readers favorite dinner recipes that we hope you'll also try!