This post may contain affiliate links, read our Disclosure Policy for more information. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases, thank you!
Make this delicious and easy chicken parmesan soup in the instant pot! It’s always a family favorite using tortellini!
Instant Pot Chicken Parmesan Soup
- 1 package of Chicken Mozzarella Tortellini
- 2 Tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 sweet onion – diced
- 1 teaspoon of minced garlic
- 1 can of tomato paste – 6 ounce
- 2 cans of Stewed Tomatoes – 14.5 – 16 ounces
- 4 cups of chicken broth
- 1 cup of Rotini pasta
- 1 Tablespoon of Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon of sweet basil
- 1 teaspoon of ground Oregano
- 2 heaping Tablespoons of brown sugar
- ¼ cup of Italian flat leaf parsley – finely chopped
- Shredded Parmesan cheese – for topping when served
- Press the Saute button on the Instant Pot, and add the olive oil, and diced onion. Saute the onion until it's caramelized, or golden brown. Turn off the Saute setting. Add the Chicken broth, tomato paste, Stewed tomatoes, Chicken Parm Tortellini, and Rotini, and stir well to blend all ingredients. Add the minced garlic, Italian seasoning, sweet basil, ground Oregano, brown sugar and Italian flat leaf parsley. Stir all together until well blended.
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot until it beeps and locks. MAKE SURE the pressure valve is set to 'SEALING'. Press the Manual setting and set the time to 7 minutes, and when the Instant Pot is done cooking, beeps and goes to 'OFF', do a quick release, and release the pressure. When all the pressure has been released, and the float valve is down, remove the lid, and stir the soup.
- Serve in large soup bowls, and top with shredded Parmesan cheese. Enjoy!
NOTE: If you’re not sure how to do a quick release, consult your instruction manual for directions, and to locate the pressure valve, settings and float valve.
Leave a Reply