My Favorite Cheese Ball Recipe with Bacon
My favorite part of parties and the holidays are the delicious cheese balls! I eat way too many appetizers before the meal is even served and I never regret it, ha! This bacon ranch cheese ball recipe is one of my all time favorites.
It’s a pretty basic recipe that uses cream cheese, green onions, cheddar cheese, crispy bacon bits, and dry ranch seasoning. The flavors come together so well and it’s simple to whip up in the kitchen.
You can make this cheese ball ahead of time to save yourself the stress. Just wrap it up in plastic wrap in the fridge and unwrap 30 minutes before you serve.
Make a beautiful spread by placing the cheeseball in the middle of a platter and put round crackers on the outside. Stick a cheese knife in the ball and you’re ready to go!
Mmmm….best combination ever.
Bacon Ranch Cheese Ball
- 16 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- 1 package crumbled cooked bacon
- 6-8 green onions chopped finely
- 1 packet dry ranch dressing
- 1 ½ cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Combine the softened cream cheese, bacon pieces, green onions, and dry ranch dressing together in a bowl. Mix using an electric mixer or using a wooden spoon until well combined.
- Form the mixture into a ball using a piece of plastic wrap so it doesn’t stick to your hands. After it’s formed, go ahead and press the shredded cheese onto the cheeseball.
- Serve and enjoy!
You can add chopped almonds, walnuts, or pecans to the cheeseball.
It’s vital that you don’t start until the cream cheese is softened to room temperature. Otherwise, it will end up lumpy and not well incorporated.
Leave a Reply