This easy banana bread recipe for Cream Cheese Banana Bread makes a delicious treat for breakfast or a quick snack. Cream cheese makes the bread super yummy, adding a depth of flavor and ensuring that your banana bread doesn’t turn out dry!
The search for an Easy Banana Bread Recipe
My oldest daughter found a love for “Paula Dean’s Banana Bread” that we picked up one day at our local Walmart store. She devoured half of the package in one sitting. Since this was her first time having banana bread (she doesn’t eat bananas) I wasn’t expecting all that!
I wanted to create an easy banana bread recipe, one that I could keep on hand for those days when she craved banana bread. It occurs more times than you’d think throughout the year.
I will say that I have made this cream cheese banana bread with and without pecans and it turns out great either way. So if you have a nut allergy in your home you can totally omit those. I’ve even added in raisins to the mixture in place of the nuts and I think it’s even more delicious.
Cream Cheese Banana Bread
Cream cheese banana bread is the perfect easy banana bread recipe, and one that I hope will become a part of your recipe box!
Now, if you want to make this cream cheese banana bread a bit more decadent by adding chocolate chips and a little healthier by skipping the cream cheese and using Greek yogurt instead, check out my Healthier Banana Bread with Chocolate Chips recipe.
These two easy banana bread recipes have become my go-to banana bread recipes. Sometimes I don’t have all the ingredients on hand for one or the other and often times I make my banana bread recipes from the spur of the moments…or when a craving hits!
WW FreeStyle Plan: 8 SmartPoints per slice
Easy Banana Bread Recipe: Cream Cheese Banana Bread
- 4 Mashed bananas
- ¾ C Butter room temperature
- 1 8 oz. pkg cream cheese
- 2 C Sugar
- 2 Large Eggs
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 3 C All Purpose Flour
- ½ Tsp Baking Powder
- ½ tsp Baking Soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp Ground Nutmeg
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 cup chopped pecans toasted (optional)
- PREHEAT oven to 350.
- In a large bowl mix together butter, cream cheese and sugar until combined.
- Add in egg, one at a time. Adding in vanilla extract last.
- In a separate large bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, nutmeg and cinnamon.
- Slowly incorporate the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, mixing until all ingredients have been incorporated. Stir in pecans.
- Grease a banana bread pan and pour your ingredients.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes, until golden brown and a fork/toothpick comes out clean from the center.
- Allow to cool before serving.
Do you have a go-to easy banana bread recipe that would you like to share? If so, click here and I’ll be sure to feature your Reader Recipes!
I love to see what you are creating in your kitchens! Feel free to share your results of this Easy Banana Bread Recipe with me on Facebook or Instagram. And, be sure to follow me over on Pinterest for more Heavenly Recipes.