Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Footballs are a fun and easy Super Bowl snack idea! The eggless cookie dough is dipped in chocolate, then decorated to look like a football. This is a no bake dessert recipe that everyone will cheer for!
Eggless Cookie Dough Variations
Use this Chocolate Dipped Eggless Cookie Dough Football recipe as a guide to recreating your own sweet treat. Here are a few ideas of what can be made with the eggless cookie dough:
- Easter eggs
- Valentine’s Day hearts
- St. Patrick’s Day 4-leaf clovers
Or any other shape that you can think of.
These are always a hit at our parties. Not to mention, I love the fact that the eggless cookie dough recipe can be made, dipped into chocolate, and then frozen (once cooled down). This way you can make them ahead of time and not worry about making them the day of your party. I actually think they are better after they are frozen because they aren’t as soft as when they are first made.
Check out the video the kids and I made of our Chocolate Dipped Eggless Cookie Dough Footballs!
Whether you are getting ready for a Football themed birthday party or a Super Bowl party, these little no bake desserts are A LOT of fun! The little kids were surrounding the table and helping make this fun recipe as I was recording. They may have also taken a few nibbles or two 😉
How long does eggless cookie dough last?
Because there are no eggs in it, the cookie dough doesn’t need to be refrigerated. That being said, keeping it in the fridge will keep it firmer and easier to mold into various shapes.
It is best to eat the cookie dough within 2-3 days. If wrapped well in a sheet of plastic wrap and placed inside of a freezer bag or some aluminum foil, the dough can also be frozen for 2-3 months.
Now, I will tell you…it’s a thick cookie dough so it can handle pretty much anything you throw at it.
Can you bake edible cookie dough?
Because there are no eggs or baking powder in the recipe, you probably won’t have very good results if you try to bake the eggless cookie dough into regular chocolate chip cookies. If you want cookies, you can make my chocolate chip cookie dough recipe.
Weight Watchers FreeStyle Plan: 5 SmartPoints per Football
Chocolate Dipped Eggless Cookie Dough Footballs + Video
- 1 C Brown Sugar
- 1 ⅓ C Unbleached All Purpose Flour
- ½ C Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 4 oz unsalted butter Softened (½ cup)
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 C Semi Sweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl (or stand mixer) cream together butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Mix in flour, salt and vanilla extract.
- Using a large spoon or spatula, stir in ½ cup chocolate chips.
- Lay ball of dough onto a flat surface and roll out until about ½" think. Use a Cookie Cutter to make your shapes, set aside.
- Melt 2 C of chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl, stirring every 30 seconds.
- Place football shaped dough one a time into chocolate, covering.
- Lay on a piece of parchment paper to dry.