Chilling chocolate chip cookie dough leads to the inevitable… the best chocolate chip cookies! Learn how chilling cookie dough makes a huge difference in the way cookies bake.
After trying several cookie recipes on Pinterest, I finally came up with my own chocolate chip cookie dough recipe. It has been modified a few times over the past year, but, this is the end result and one that has been passed onto friends as they have devoured the plate of Chocolate Chip Cookies at gatherings!
Tips to Making Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough:
- Chilling the cookie dough for a minimum of 20 minutes is a must.
- The Hershey Syrup recipe can be made homemade, it doesn’t need to be in the brown bottle!
- Use a scoop when placing the dough onto a baking sheet.
- Using a silicone baking sheet ensures the sides won’t brown.
- When the middle has set and is no longer gooey it’s time to remove from the oven for a soft batch style cookie. However, if you want a bit of a bite or crunch to your cookie leave the cookie in 2 minutes longer. Whatever you do, just don’t burn them!
Recipe Variations for Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
- Put the chocolate chip cookie dough in a pan and make it into bars or Smores Bars!!
- Freeze the Dough. Now people say that you can bake what you want and freeze the rest of the cookie dough. I’ve done this with this recipe twice. I will say that they are best when the dough is fresh. However, you can totally freeze and store in a zip lock back for 2-3 weeks and bake as needed. We did this when I had foot surgery and they weren’t bad!
- Add in your favorite morsels: butterscotch, mint, white chocolate or nuts to mix up this dough.
How to Make Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough & Cookies Perfectly Every Time
Incorporate cornstarch, salt, baking soda and vanilla.
Other Recipes to Make with this Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
How to Make the BEST Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe VIDEO
Weight Watchers FreeStyle Plan: 4 SmartPoints per cookie
★ Did you make this recipe? Don't forget to give it a star rating below!
Marci's Chilled Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 3/4 butter softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 TBSP Homemade Hershey’s Syrup on myheavenlyrecipes.com
- 1 egg and 1 egg yolk
- 2 cups Nestle Toll House Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a large bowl mix sugar, brown sugar and softened butter. Blend for 4-5 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Add in egg and stir.
- Add in egg yolk and combine.
- Incorporate cornstarch, salt, baking soda and vanilla.
- Next slowly add in flour 1/4 c at a time.
- Lastly add in morsels and Homemade Hershey Syrup.
- Set cookie dough aside in the refrigerator to let chill.
- Using a cookie scoop place cookie dough on a lined baking sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes.