*I saved you these two Chocolate Chip Cookies!
You won’t find a BETTER chocolate chip cookie recipe. If you do I’ll host a Throw Down!
After trying several cookie recipes on Pinterest, I finally came up with my own. This recipe has been changed a few times over the past year, but, this is the end result and one that has been passed onto friends as they have devoured the plate of Chocolate Chip Cookies at gatherings!
There’s a few tips to making this Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe:
- Chilling the cookie dough for a minimum of 20 minutes is a must.
- The Hershey Syrup recipe can be made homemade, it doesn’t need to be in the brown bottle!
- Use a scoop when placing the dough onto a baking sheet.
- Using a silicone baking sheet ensures the sides won’t brown.
- When the middle has set and is no longer gooey it’s time to remove from the oven for a soft batch style cookie. However, if you want a bit of a bite or crunch to your cookie leave the cookie in 2 minutes longer. Whatever you do, just don’t burn them!
Another thing I will mention is that you can totally put the dough in a pan and make into bars. So if you don’t have 45 minutes to stand around and bake this Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe, but, still want to enjoy a sweet treat, by all means go ahead!
Now people say that you can bake what you want and freeze the rest of the cookie dough. I’ve done this with this recipe twice. I will say that they are best when the dough is fresh. However, you can totally freeze and store in a zip lock back for 2-3 weeks and bake as needed. We did this when I had foot surgery and they weren’t bad!
Marci's Chilled Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 3/4 butter softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 TBSP Homemade Hershey’s Syrup on myheavenlyrecipes.com
- 1 egg and 1 egg yolk
- 2 cups Nestle Toll House Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
In a large bowl mix sugar, brown sugar and softened butter. Blend for 4-5 minutes until light and fluffy.
Add in egg and stir.
Add in egg yolk and combine.
Incorporate cornstarch, salt and baking soda.
Next slowly add in flour 1/4 c at a time.
Lastly add in morsels and Homemade Hershey Syrup.
Set cookie dough aside in the refrigerator to let chill.
Using a cookie scoop place cookie dough on a lined baking sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes.