Want to know how to make creamed corn at home? The recipe is so easy!
Perfect for a holiday dinner side dish! My grandma always made this for Thanksgiving.
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- ½ cup whole milk more as needed
- 1-2 Tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Parmesan cheese
- 1-16 oz package frozen corn kernels approximately 4 cups
- Rinse the corn kernels to remove any ice and place in a stockpot or dutch oven.
- Heat the milk in a microwave for 25 seconds, then whisk in the cornstarch.
- Stir the butter, milk-cornstarch mixture, salt, pepper and sugar into the corn and place over medium heat.
- Cook for 6-8 minutes, until corn is well-heated and milk mixture is thickened.
- Stir in the Parmesan cheese until well-melted and coating the corn.
- Serve hot.
Try These Reader Favorite Side Dish Recipes
Quite a few of our Side Recipes have been very popular across social media. Here's a few of our readers favorite keto recipes that we hope you'll also try!